News & Publications
News & Publications
SEA President, Ann Hayward Walker, presents on Local Engagement and Oil Spill Communications at the 22nd Annual Clean Gulf Conference
SEA President, Ann Hayward Walker, co-authored a lecture presented by Scott Lundgren on Partnership in Practice: Whole Community and National Preparedness Along the Waterfront at the IAEM Annual Conference
SEA awarded grant by NOAA and the Coastal Response Research Center
SEA is among three organizations to be awarded a grant under the Dispersant Initiatives RFP released by the University of New Hampshire's Coastal Response Research Center. SEA will be working in conjunction with a team from the University of Washington to study and develop response risk communications tools for dispersant and oil spills.
SEA President, Ann Hayward Walker, appointed to the review committee for IOSC 2014
Ann Hayward Walker was appointed to the review committee for the International Oil Spill Conference to be held in Savannah, GA in May 2014.
SEA to assist with developing BSEE SOP's for Oil Spills
Sea was awarded a subcontract from SRA International to assist in the development of an Oil Spill Response Division Manual and Standard Operating Procedures for BSEE (Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement).
SEA welcomes new team member Jereme Altendorf
Jereme graduated from Creighton University with a Bachelors of Science in Chemistry in 1997 and then went on to obtain a Masters in Engineering in 2001 from the University of Missouri. He has more than 10 years of proven experience with the United States Coast Guard and extensive regulatory experience within the EPA and Coast Guard due to assignments relating specifically to work as an FOSC under the National Oil and Hazardous Substances Pollution Contingency Plan (NCP).
SEA to work on Community Engagement Guidance for ARCOPOLplus
Sea was awarded a contract from Pembrokshire County Council in the UK to undertake a study into Community Engagement Guidance in the event of an oil or HNS spill. This project was funded by ARCOPOLplus. ARCOPOLplus is a project framed in the Atlantic Area Transnational Programme that aims to reinforce the preparedness and response to oil and HNS's spills in EU Atlantic regions through technology transfer, training, and innovation.
SEA awarded contracts to conduct workshops for the Panama Canal Authority
Sea Consulting was recently awarded contracts with the Panama Canal Authority to conduct workshops on LNG Risk Communications and Risk Communications for Oil, HAZMAT, and Radioactive Materials.
President of SEA Consulting, Ann Hayward Walker, presents at the Interspill 2012 Conference on Integrating Risk Communications with Crisis Communications Real-Time
SEA to assist with developing an updated ICCOPR Oil Pollution Research and Technology Plan
SEA was awarded a subcontract from SRA International to assist the USCG in the development, technical writing and editing of the ICCOPR Oil Pollution Research and Technology Plan (OPRT).
SEA President, Ann Hayward Walker, invited to speak at the Plenary Session of the Annual Meeting of the Society for Risk Analysis
SEA to Present Workshop on Surface Applications of Dispersants at Clean Gulf Conference
SEA personnel participate regularly in professional conferences. In the last year, we gave presentations and/or papers at the following conferences:
- Aerial Dispersants on the Deepwater Horizon Sill Response, NAEP 36th Annual Conference, April 2011, Sheraton Denver Downtown
- Renewable Resource Communities and Risk Communications, CTEH Risk/Crisis Communications Seminar, September 2011, Little Rock, Arkansas
- Environmental Salvage, National Maritime Salvage Conference & Expo, October 2011, Arlington, Virginia
- LNG Risk Communications, Panama Canal Authority/National Response Team LNG Workshop, November 2011, Panama City, Panama
- Planning and Response Considerations for Surface Applications of Dispersants, Clean Gulf Short Course, November 2011, San Antonio, Texas
- Oil Spill Risk Perceptions & Operational Science, Society of Risk Analysis Meeting, December 2011, Charleston, South Carolina
- Integrating Risk Communications with Crisis Communications Real-Time, Interspill, March 2012, London, United Kingdom
- National Response System, Eastern Shore Oil Spill Planning, and Deepwater Horizon, CBES Annual Meeting, March 2012, Nandua High School
- Risk Communications Course for Oil, HAZMAT and Radioactive Materials, The Panama Canal Authority, July 2012, Panama City, Panama
- A Model for Community Engagement to Address Controversial Risks, CTEH Seminar, August 2012, Little Rock, Arizona
- Partnership in Practice: Whole Community and National Preparedness Along the Waterfront, IAEM Annual Conference, October 2012, Orlando, Florida
- Local Engagement and Oil Spill Communications, 22nd Annual Clean Gulf Conference, November 2012